Fever is the leading global tech-enabled entertainment discovery platform with a clear mission: to inspire through live entertainment.
Our mobile-first marketplace allows both discovery/inspiration and seamless 2-click booking. Fever has also created a media network where our online communities can look for inspiration and local information (Secret Media Network owner of media outlets like Secret NYC, Secret London or Madrid Secreto among others). Fever and its Secret Media Network inspires over 60 million people every month to discover the best experiences in their cities.
The preferences expressed by these communities allow us to create new experiences, which we call “Fever Originals”.
These are proprietary experiences in which we follow a data-driven content creation strategy, using analytics to understand audiences, develop and optimize new formats. Some successful examples include the “Candlelight Concert Series” attended by over 3 million guests, the Los Angeles based “Stranger Things: The Drive-Into Experience” co-produced with Netflix, or the “Mad Hatter G&T Party”, all launched in multiple cities across the world.
Fever is a US company with a team of over 750 people, currently present in more than 80 cities, with offices in many exciting cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, or Sydney, and is backed by leading institutional investors, including Rakuten Capital, Accel, and Atresmedia among others.
In order to pursue this objective we are looking for bar-raisers, people that want to work hard, have fun, and make history with us.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Fever’s marketplace is composed of events and experiences hosted by organizers that we provide visibility to via our marketplace and media network.
However, given that Fever and our Secret Media Network provide us with millions of data points and insights around how people consume offline entertainment, we are now able to go one step further in the value chain and create our own “Fever Originals” experiences, similar to how Netflix has begun to create their own shows. We believe there is a huge opportunity to create more of our own content, and continue to provide an amazing content offering to our users!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Legal Counsel within the IP and Media team, you will report directly to the Lead Counsel. This is a frontline role that will require proactivity, autonomy, and drive. You will familiarize yourself closely with Fever’s mission and vision, structure, strategy, and objectives, and become the key IP advisor within a fast-paced company undergoing an ambitious international expansion.
You will be expected to perform the following work, across different jurisdictions:
- Drafting and updating IP protection, compliance and risk management policies.
- Develop internal business-centric programs and processes to implement policies and facilitate business work.
- Advise executive management on strategies to protect and exploit new company intellectual property.
- Supervise preparation and prosecution of worldwide trademark applications and enforcement.
- Draft, review, and track IP-related agreements or clauses and media-related commercial agreements.
- Review and prepare responses to requests from third parties.
- Leverage on, manage, and coordinate external advice and support as necessary.
- Advise other team members on your area of expertise.
- Be flexible and ready to get hands on in legal matters outside of your area of expertise, including employment, contract and commercial.
- Prioritize your and others’ work.
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Be a barred lawyer, anywhere in the world.
- Speak fluent English with a command of legal English.
- Have 3 or more years post-qualification professional experience in the legal field.
- Have lived, worked, volunteered, or studied abroad in an internationally oriented position for a significant amount of time.
- Have an excellent academic record or experience in top-notch companies or top-tier law-firms.
- Possess strong technical skills, and demonstrable knowledge or experience in the field of Intellectual Property and Media, including copyright, moral rights, trademarks, fair dealing, in the US, Canada, Australia, Latam or a European jurisdiction.
- Be an effective communicator who brings emotional intelligence to work.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Opportunity to have a real impact in a high-growth global category leader
- 40% discount on all Fever events and experiences
- Work in a location in the heart of Madrid with possible travel across our markets
- Home office friendly
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Great work environment with a young, international team of talented people to work with!
- Health insurance and other benefits such as Flexible remuneration with a 100% tax exemption through Cobee.
- English Lessons
- We have free food, drink and fruit at the office!
- Possibility to receive in advance part of your salary by Payflow
Fever is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workspace where everyone's background and ideas count. Our main goal is to find the best possible talent regardless of place of birth, racial or ethnic origin, gender, gender identity, religion, opinion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, or caring responsibilities. We encourage everyone to apply!
Powered by JazzHR