DBRS Morningstar’s Middle-Market team is seeking a highly motivated individual, with four to five years of expertise in corporate credit analysis, preferably with high-yield issuers, and strong analytical and interpersonal skills to join its team of specialists in Frankfurt, London or Madrid as an Assistant Vice President. Working closely with the Team Leader and the other members of the Middle-Market team, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the creditworthiness of mid-sized companies involved in various corporate sectors, as well as writing research reports and industry commentaries, researching various topics relevant to middle-market credits and interacting with various market participants.
• Assume coverage of a broad range of mid-sized corporations with weak credit profiles and assist with new rating assignments.
• Produce timely, high-quality and insightful credit research, including rating reports and commentaries.
• Build and maintain relationships with clients, investors and bankers.
• Lead rating committee discussions and help refine processes and research products.
• Represent DBRS Morningstar at conferences, including industry and debt capital market events.
• Build and update related databases as required.
• Four to five years of experience in credit analysis or corporate lending.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics or another relevant discipline. Completion of the CFA program is preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of credit analysis and capital markets, preferably combined to a sound understanding of high-yield/mid-market credits.
• Familiarity with the legal documentation associated with corporate debt issuance.
• Strong research and analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of financial statements.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and team player with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.