About the Role
The Global Corporate Rating Group is seeking a highly motivated corporate credit analyst to join its team in Madrid as an Assistant Vice President. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Head of European Corporate Credits and supporting other members of the Global Corporate Rating Group. The successful candidate will be responsible for the coverage of a wide range of corporate credits in Europe.
• Assume coverage of existing corporate ratings.
• Contribute to new rating assignments.
• Produce timely, high-quality rating reports, research notes and industry studies.
• Update industry and issuer-specific spreadsheets.
• Build and maintain relationships with investors and bankers.
• Provide transparent and timely service to rated issuers, investors and other market participants.
• Contribute to the refinement of research products and rating methodologies.
• Considerable business experience, with solid experience in credit, finance and/or lending within the financial services industry. Working experience in the consumer and/or the industrial sectors would be an asset.
• University degree in accounting, business, economics or a related discipline.
• Solid research, analytical and modelling skills, with a high attention to detail.
• Fluency in French, with knowledge of a further European language a strong plus.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Self-starter and strong team player with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst programme would be an asset.
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.