COUNTRY HR MANAGER ETEX EXTERIORS IBERIA
Etex with headquarters in Brussels is an international leading group, specialized in production and marketing of high-quality building materials and solutions. With our global presence in 42 countries and over 11.000 teammates, we want to inspire people around the world to build living spaces that are even more safe, sustainable, smart, and beautiful.
Etex Exteriors is the division responsible for driving profitable growth as a leader in fibre cement building materials. ‘EQUITONE’ is a through-colored facade material designed by and for architects offering unparalleled design opportunities.
‘CEDRAL’ is a brand built on a history of fibre cement roofing and expanding to façade and terraces as the total exterior solution for your home. ‘ETERNIT’ is corrugated sheets for farmers equipping them with ever smarter solutions to grow and meet the needs of their future. Etex Exteriors Iberia is part of Exteriors Division with around 100 teammates in Spain and Portugal.
We have an interesting future ahead! We are building a future-ready HR organization, which is all about the employee experience, customer centricity and boosting performance. The new HR organization model is built on 3 key organisational clusters: Business Partners, HR Regional Management and Centers of Expertise. Working as ONE team we foster a collaborative and caring culture, a pioneering spirit, and a passion to always do better.
To support our teammates in Iberia we are looking for a HR Manager to shape and drive a positive and ambitious people approach and to actively contribute to the ONE Etex HR agenda. Reporting to the HR Business Partner Etex Exteriors Europe the HR Manager will provide HR support for both our Commercial team in Spain and Portugal and our Manufacturing site in Portillo, ensuring positive employee engagement and HR Excellence. The job is based in Portillo.
Mission & Context
The HR Manager partners with management to provide HR functional leadership in the planning and implementations of HR initiatives and policies for the organization. In collaboration with HR colleagues across Etex and Etex corporate headquarters in Belgium, this position is directly responsible for all HR activities in Iberia. Leads the implementation of a broad range of HR and is responsible for overall development effectiveness and compliance of the company policies and applicable legislation.
The HR Manager mentors/coaches the new management team for enhanced team and individual performance. The HR Manager builds and maintains positive employee relations and builds a platform for greater employee engagement. This position is also responsible for strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice within the industries that the company operates.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with managers and employees to develop organizational and talent capabilities and build trusted relationships with colleagues through positive communication and alignment.
- Act as a sparring partner to the country manager, plant manager and other managers.
- You support the managers in creating a performance driven organization with focus on talent development, leadership development, succession planning and making people grow in line with Etex values and Etex Leadership Principles.
- Be member of the Etex Exteriors Iberia management team
- Enable employees to grow their expertise and build innovative teams while implementing shared values
- Be responsible for adapting the Etex HR policies, procedures, and practices to the local organization
- Create a positive and constructive feedback culture.
- Promote Healt & Safety at all time
Skills & competencies
- You are a positive and inspiring personality with a holistic mindset and a "hands on" approach.
- You are a well-organized individual with and a deep understanding of HR, both strategic and operational.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and you have attention to both "the big picture" and details.
- You build trust and act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- You have a thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- You are a colleague who creates a positive, solution-oriented approach to daily issues and challenges.
- You use coaching and guidance to develop effective working relationships, promoting and sustaining positive morale and productivity
Education & experience
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of human resources experience preferred from working in an international Matrix organisation.
- Experience with collaborating with local works council and negotiating annual agreements
- A certified coach or process consultant education is a plus.
- Proficiency in writing & speaking Spanish and English
- Proficiency with HRIS (SAP) is a plus.
We offer you!
We offer the opportunity to be part of an international company and world leader in its class leading a professional colleagues all over the world. You will be part of a company who believes that together we can further build on our strengths and continue to inspire ways of living. In addition to a competitive salary, we also offer several benefits including pension, annual bonus, performance based annual salary reviews, and company car. You will also have the possibility to further develop yourself both personally and professionally.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in this vacancy, pleasy apply through Etex Talent. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact HR Business Partner Etex Exteriors Europe Susanne Taulbæk ([email protected]).