Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected,
and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Technical Sales Engineer – Pipeline Assessment
The Assessment Services (AS) Centre of Excellence (COE) focuses on the application of innovative technologies for inspection, monitoring and asset management of critical pipelines in the water industry.
The COE is responsible for sales and delivery of a range of solutions, working in close collaboration with Xylem’s Commercial Teams around Europe. Solutions include leading pipeline inspection platforms such as SmartBall™ and Sahara™ for leak detection and PipeDiver™ for condition assessment. These inspection tools are combined with advanced engineering services to help pipeline owners inspect and manage their large diameter mains to prevent failures and extend asset life.
The Technical Sales Engineer will support Business Development teams in key markets to help solve customer challenges by developing solutions and corresponding commercial proposals. They will interact with sales teams and customers to first understand the problem at hand, and then ensure the appropriate solution is presented given technology, budget and operational limitations.
This candidate will also work closely with key internal stakeholders such as Product Managers and Delivery Teams to ensure proposed solutions are current to latest standards and meet customer expectations.
The best marketing is a successful project – this candidate will understand the importance of customer service while offering creative and highly technical solutions. Working with the sales team, their ultimate goal will be to secure contracts and enable the delivery of high-value projects.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work closely with local and regional sales teams to develop solutions and corresponding proposals for pipeline assessment
- Area: SPAIN , ITALY & PORTUGAL
- Develop strong technical understanding of the benefits and limitations of Xylem’s Assessment Services portfolio, including electromagnetic inspection tools, ultrasonic devices, acoustic devices and associated engineering services such as Remaining Useful Life and Risk Assessment concepts.
- Present solutions to prospective customers via on-premise presentations or web-based conferencing, follow-up on leads and keep contacts active.
- Work with delivery teams to understand project costs so budgets and project margins can be understood during proposal development.
- Work with marketing team on building the right sales tools and collaterals, to support business growth.
- Provide precise competitive analysis and a value proposition to differentiate Xylem AS solution from the competition.
- Communicate to business leaders, customer feedback in order to help improve/tailor the local offerings.
- Provide field support for local and/or regional inspection projects on an as-needed basis
- Understanding and/or experience working with pressure pipeline systems
- Preferable experienced water management professional, with a solid background in hydraulic modeling and/or pipeline condition assessment, and/or risk management.
- Availability to travel at least 50% in Spain, Italy and Portugal
- Fluent English Spanish and Italian is a must
- Tertiary education with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in business development/direct sales to water utilities and operators, within the South Europe region. Experience in asset management, water loss management highly desirable.
- Advanced technical knowledge of the technologies and techniques available with the water sector to complete non destructive evaluations of pipelines
- Proven ability to take initiative, seek out problems to solve and communicate highly technical concepts in terms less technical individuals can understand
- Adept at working in a cross-functional, matrix environment that is highly collaborative
- Demonstrate confidence when speaking with senior leaders and clients; can engage in technical discussions with an open mind and can be persuasive and influential when needed
- Competent in MS Excel and use of databases is an advantage
- A driven individual, with a high level of integrity, driven by achieving objectives and able to work with limited supervision.
- Use CRM (such as Salesforce) to track opportunities, help maintain a healthy funnel and support accurate forecasting
- valid EU work authorization
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.