The Commercial Business Analyst will focus on supporting the key commercial financial processes that drive profitable growth and allow us to understand better the underlying trends and impacts on our business. This will allow a greater focus on driving improved support of the commercial team to deliver our growth plans and help drive the key strategic direction of our business.
Provide insightful and influential analysis to assist management in making well-informed commercial decisions.
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now!
Own the strategic core processes within the Refinish SBU for the SPAIN AND PORTUGAL business encompassing all segments:
- Act as a main link between commercial teams and Finance, in particular working closely with SBU financial controller to ensure financial reporting process and timelines are achieved.
- Accountable for standardization and deployment of commercial finance processes related to buying agreements, rebates, approval processes, performance tracking and assessment tools.
- Business cases – review local business cases, write large/strategic cases and lead approval process.
- Management of customer investments & rebates – monitoring, prepare accruals, payments
- Weekly sales forecast process and analysis to understand trends to improve forecast accuracy. Provide analysis and recommendations for business improvement (sales, PC, costs) across all segments of the business including specific projects
- Business Strategy Review (BSR) – execute process, prepare initial proposal, coordination with team, and review submission to controller
- Pricing – support Sales Excellence Manager defining the process and reporting. Net sales – coordinate and define structure, improve reporting and review rebate allocation
- Contract Management Process - checking contract performance, expiration, compliance, business case evaluation alignment, including recurring & non-recurring agreements
- Partner and work efficiently with commercial teams to ensure support proposition and compliance is achieved across all regions.
- Champion interdependency developing outstanding strategic relationships with other refinish departments (sales regions, marketing, operations, finance, technical, human resources, supply chain)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field with expertise in the role from 3 up to 5 years
- Attention to detail and ability to drive standardization and compliance.
- Leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills and the ability to independently set priorities
- Accurate numerical reasoning, with a proficient understanding of financial models.
- Strong organisational skills, being able to compile information for assessment and the monitoring of sales and account performance.
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels internally and externally to positively influence others. Outstanding interpersonal and excellent communicator.
- Fully proficient IT literate
- Proficient English
- Capable to build both trust and respect, promoting collaboration whilst inspiring change and delivering on results. Ability to learn on the job.
If you have the interpersonal abilities to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, and move from strategic to tactical with ease, we want to hear from you!
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
PPG vision: http://corporate.ppg.com/Our-Company/PPG-Vision.aspx
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday