O Castro British School
O Castro British International School is a private international school offering a top-quality education from Early Years to Pre-university. The school’s curriculum has been fully approved by both the Galician Government and the British Council, and is considered to be, alongside its sister school in Coruña, one of the foremost British School in the Galicia region. It is the first and only Cambridge-approved school in Galicia.
True to our core principles, we educate our students to be independent, innovative thinkers and responsible human beings, fostering social and environmental awareness and exploring the increasing complexity of the globalised world in which we live.
We believe that each child is unique and individual and we tailor each student’s educational journey to suit their particular needs, ensuring progress in all areas of the curriculum.
The school is part of the Globeducate group, one of the 5 most important educational groups in the world. Globeducate owns more than 50 schools worldwide, situated throughout Andorra, Spain, France, Great Britain, Italy, Andorra, India, Portugal, Canada and Qatar, and has more than 40 years’ experience in the education sector (www.globeducate.com).
O Castro British International School is seeking an Early Years Coordinator (Head of Early Years) to lead our two Nursery and two Reception classes while being a general class teacher for one of the Reception classes. The ideal candidate must be a mother tongue English speaker and enjoy working in an international environment.
If you meet these criteria, you are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we will welcome your application.
Are you someone who can offer the following:
- A desire to ensure every child fulfils their potential.
- High expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Creative and inspirational approaches to learning and the curriculum.
- Leadership of a team of three other teachers and four teaching assistants.
- Lead the development of continuous provision, outdoor learning and CPD.
- A commitment to making a positive difference.
- A commitment to personal learning and professional development.
- Excitement when faced with a challenge.
- Focused in helping children achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment.
- Committed to differentiation and SEN inclusive practice.
- Can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress.
- A good understanding of the National Curriculum.
- Possess good IT skills.
We do we offer:
- Good working conditions.
- A unique natural environment with a developing outdoor area.
- Engaged, lively and creative learners who take pride in their school.
- A commitment to quality CPD.
- A strong, forward thinking, collegiate leadership team.
- Highly motivated, supportive and committed colleagues.
- An exceptional learning environment where all pupils can flourish.
- A special and exciting part of Spain and accompanying lifestyle opportunities for living in this culturally rich area of Europe.
- A competitive salary with school lunch provided each day and although accommodation is not provided, attractive and reasonably priced apartments are available in Vigo.
O Castro British International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will have undertaken an enhanced safeguarding and local police check.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.